My client specialises in the design and construction of projects throughout Australia. With offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, they employ approximately 140 staff and have a national turnover of around $180 million. Projects they specialise in are in the education, health and aged care space.
Currently looking to employ an Estimator to assist our team prepare concept, feasibility and detailed estimates of building and commercial construction works. The successful applicant will assist the Estimating team to:
- Analyse specifications, plans and related technical data to determine time, cost and labour requirements for the project works, tender bids and related commercial contracts.
- Provide detailed budget estimates based on scopes of works provided by the clients to deliver financially responsible tender submissions.
- Prepare tender packages to go to subcontractors and suppliers including as necessary, scopes of work, bills of quantities, selected drawings, specifications and other necessary documents.
- Manage the inputting and maintaining of company databases, including actual cost / estimating unit rates, suppliers and subcontractors etc, to ensure estimates and costings are based on best price, quality and delivery
- Liaise with various stakeholders, including project team members, clients, consultants, trade contractors and senior management as required
Skills and experience
- Tertiary or trade qualification in Construction, Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- A working knowledge of building and construction practices
- Ability to interpret and take off quantities from plans and drawings
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate at all levels
- A sound knowledge of relevant computer software applications, e.g. Buildsoft Global and Cubit
firstname.lastname@example.org 0412 932 874
Stuart Murray #theconstructionrecruiter